I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mommy CIA

~
Last week was my daughter's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch.

I had been so excited... I think I was more excited than she was.

I couldn't wait to go on a hay ride with my kids, or take them through the haunted house, or debate the best pumpkin with them.

Of course, I threw out my back the weekend before and I couldn't walk the day of the field trip.

I was crushed. CRUSHED.

My daughter didn't have a clue.

And my husband rode to rescue as my knight in shining armor... he took the day of work and took the kids to the Pumpkin Patch. The only dad among 22 moms and 34 kids.

Thursday, at my daughter's Halloween party, another mom came up to me and said, "I just want you to know that your husband did great with the kids."

"Um, thanks," I replied, but in my head I was thinking: They are his kids too... he had better have done great with them.

"I mean, I would want to know how my husband did," she continued. "So I thought I would let you know."

I smiled, but I wasn't sure if I should be thankful or indignant.

When I told my husband about it over dinner that night, he laughed. "I'm glad your Mommy CIA reported favorably on me," he said. "Are you going to have to change the name of the Mommy Club now that I figured it out?"

1 comment:

  1. So is it the Mommy FBI or Mommy NSA now? Or will you have to change it back to the Mommies' Bureau of Investigation for the Dept. of Justice? Illumimommies?

    By the way, the cat mafia has you women completely stymied. Just ask your dog...

    ReplyDelete

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday