I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, August 5, 2013

Saving Your Wedding Dress


The other day we were cleaning out our closet and I came across my wedding dress -- cleaned and preserved in a box bigger than my 4 year old. 

 I began to wonder why I saved it... I mean, I know why, but 7 years later, I began wondering if it was worth it to save it.  It's big.  And takes up a lot of room.  And my girls will probably never wear it.  

I did some research to see about selling or donating it. When I mentioned that to an acquaintance, she seemed horrified.  After all, she told me, "That's sad.  You keep it to remind you that your husband loves you and you love him."  

I don't need a dress to remind me of that.  

I love my husband for so many reasons.... 

 Because he buys me flowers for no reason. 

Because when we go to Olive Garden and they give us three mints, he gives me two.

Because he makes me laugh.

Because he texts me in between classes to say he loves me.

Because he hugs me when I'm crying even when I don't want a hug.

Because when I totally over schedule myself/the kids/the family, he rolls his eyes but does it anyway.

Because he makes me think.

Because he rarely says "I told you so."

Because he rubs my feet.  

Because he is an incredible father.

Because he makes me feel.

Because he makes me a better mother.

 Because he plays dress up with the kids.


Because he spent Father's Day setting up a Malibu Dream House for our daughter.



Because he is the baby sleep whisperer.


Because he apologizes for drinking my wine.


Because he cleaned this up.


Because, seriously -- baby sleep whisperer.


Because he raced our son on a skateboard with sticks.  And "let" Boyo win.


Okay, this is getting ridiculous.


Because he loved the Star Wars vest my grandma made him.


Because he can hold a baby and drink a beer at the same time.


Because he has light saber battles in the dark with the kids.




Because when BabyBug was born and the nurse wouldn't give her to me, he took the baby away from the nurse and put her on my chest.

 

Because he keeps a sword in his golf clubs.  


Because he decided I was worth the trouble (and I totally am).



And I'll always have pictures like these ....

... but now I think I'm going to keep the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday