I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Boyo and T-Ball

Dear Boyo -

Mommy is so sorry she missed your very first ever T-Ball game.

Daddy sent me pictures, so it was almost like I was there, but I wasn't.

I know the work I do today will make a better life for us tomorrow, but it still breaks my heart that I didn't get to see you take the field for the first time, or your first at bat, or the first time you ran the bases, or the first time you caught the ball and threw it to first (even though everyone else was telling you to throw it home).

I'm sorry that I didn't get to see your proud grin, the high five you gave your coach, or how you learned to spit just like a real ball player. 

I know Daddy and your sisters were there cheering you on.  I know that you probably won't remember that I wasn't there in one or two or ten years. But I know, and it weighs on me.

I want you to know that I was there in spirit -- that I was cheering you on from my meeting when Daddy texted me to tell you that you got a home run.  That I was with you when you rounded the bases.  That I was bragging about you to my co-workers.  I know it's not the same though; I wish I could have been there. 

I love you, Bug




No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday