I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, March 4, 2013

President Versus Magician

It should be no secret that I want to raise strong, independent daughters.  Daughters who will shatter the glass ceiling.  Daughters who can do anything they want.  Daughters who earn the same wage as their brother.  Daughters who, as I have mentioned here, could be president one day. 

When we were at the toy store the other day, to spend their allowance, I saw this:

 

I immediately began to lobby hard for her to buy it.  It was a woman president.  It could stand on her own two feet (literally and figuratively).  It was a non-princess Barbie doll.  Wasn't it awesome?  I asked Girlie.  It even had a pink suit. 

"It's okay," she said, shrugging.  "But I want this one!"


A Magician Barbie.  In a revealing dress.  

"Why?" I asked a bit desperately.  "Why Magician Barbie and not President Barbie?"

"Magician Barbie has a bunny," Girlie pointed out.

How do I argue with that logic?  

At least it was the Magician and not the Magician's Assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday