I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, March 8, 2013

Perspective

It's no secret that my family and I have had a run of bad luck this year. 

I've often found myself cursing the heavens, wondering, "How did I end up here?  How is this my life?!"

After all, I was supposed to be a Very Important Person with a briefcase filled with very important papers.   I was supposed to have designer everything and get to jet off to important places for work and travel to exotic locations for fun.  I was supposed to be In Demand at all times.  I was supposed to work in Congress, to have a law degree, to know very influential people.


And yet....

We have a roof over our heads.  Food in the pantry.  Money in the bank.  Healthy, happy children.  My husband and I love each other and treat each other respectfully (usually).  We have not one, but two, cars that work.  We have an idiot dog who is thrilled when we come home.  We travel to exotic locations in our living room -- places that my children imagine.  I am In Demand at all times and a Very Important Person -- just only to my 4 kids. 

We have family.  We have friends.  We have fun.  We have love.

This was made very clear to me the other night when I came upstairs.  I checked on the baby -- blissfully swinging away.  Boyo had fallen asleep with a book in one hand and a flashlight in the other.  BabyGirlie was tucked into her toddler bed, with a death grip on "Mimi" (Minnie Mouse), her legs tucked under her and her tush in the air.  Girlie was in our bed - again - sleeping diagnolly, her long, coltish legs sticking out from under the covers.  My husband was asleep at his desk.  I went to the counter where I emptied my pockets -- two angry bird pigs, a pink hair bow, a binky, a crayon, and a baby sock.  Everything was quiet and calm for once.

And I looked at the heavens and said, "Thank God this is my life"





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday