I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, August 31, 2012

Best. Disney. Day. EVER.

We hit up Disneyland a couple of times a month.  We have season passes, the kids love it, and, most importantly, it makes them nap.  

Still, there normally comes a point during the trip where one of us loses our cool.  Usually it's the kids.  Sometimes it's me or my husband.  

But we went for a family trip last weekend -- and it was amazing.  
We terrorized Boyo by making him ride "Dark Mountain" (or Space Mountain, as it is known to the rest of the world).

Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, Finding Nemo, Splash Mountain -- all walk on.  

Longest line was 15 minutes -- for Peter Pan.

No crowds.

We got to sail on The Columbia, something I have never done. 

We went to eat in Aladdin's Oasis -- and it was empty.  

Girlie got to have a 20 minute conversation with the bored Princess Jasmine. 

Baby Girlie napped for 45 minutes in her stroller without the normal hour and a half temper tantrum first. 

Overall, the entire day,

from playing R2D2 (BabyGirlie very grudgingly let me put the Mickey Ears on her heard): 


 

To hanging with the White Rabbit: 



 

To testing my willpower and staying on my diet (Disney sells mini cheesecakes now! Bastards!)

...To Shooting Guns (who cares if we can't see over the counter, Mom?) ...


... To helping crash -er, sail -- The Columbia ...



... To Riding Winnie-the-Pooh with Mommy (who wants to go on Splash Mountain anyway?) ... 


... and, lastly, to having an ice cream break... 




... was an AWESOME day.  And EVERYONE napped when we got home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday