I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, April 27, 2012

Hurt Feelings and Farmer's Markets

Driving home from the farmer's market the other day, Girlie begins sing a song to her brother:

Girlie: "You are a pain in the bu-utt! A pain in the bu-utt! You are a pain in bu-utt!"

Boyo: "STOP SAYING THAT! I NOT!"

Girlie:"You are a pain in the bu-utt! A pain in the bu-utt! You are a pain in bu-utt!"

Boyo: "NO I NOT! NO I NOT! NO I NOT!"

Me: (in the interest of my eardrums.) "Buddy, instead of shouting, tell your sister that her song hurts your feelings."

Boyo: "Stop it! It hurt my feelings."

Girlie: (pretending contrition) "I'm sorry Brother."

SILENCE.

Girlie: "Do you 'cept my pology?"

Boyo: "No!"

Girlie: (whining) "Mom-mEEEEEEEEEEE. Brother won't accept my apologEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

Me: (wishing for a drink) "Love, I believe we have discussed whining as an unacceptable tone of voice."

Girlie: (sullenly) "Yes."

Me: "And when is it okay to tattle?"

Girlie: "When there is a blood owie or someone has a wompom."

Husband: "Wompom?"

Me:(to husband) "Weapon." To Girlie: "So tell your brother how you feel when he didn't accept your apology."

Girlie: "Brother, it hurt my feelings that you won't 'cept my apology. Will you please 'cept it?"

Boyo: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

SILENCE. Brief, blissful silence.

Girlie: "You are a pain in the bu-utt! A pain in the bu-utt! You are a pain in bu-utt!"

Boyo: "STOP SAYING THAT! I NOT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday