I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, October 10, 2011

When Did I Become A Grown Up?

~
I love my kids. I think that is pretty obvious.

Still, though, there has always been a thought in the back of my mind -- I had better do this right or the grown ups are going to come and take them.

I know that they are mine and that I am their Momma. I'm not stupid.

I just also still feel like a teenager most days. A mature teenager, sure. Like a 19 year old. But still a teenager. But I rarely feel like a grown up.

I have had plenty of "mom moments" - you know, those moments where is is blindingly clear - Oh, sh#$, I'm a MOM.

I finally had my Oh, sh@#, I'm a grown up! moment.

It wasn't when I was paying my astronomically high mortgage on my shoebox of a house.

It wasn't when I was balancing the check book and trying to get blood out of a turnip.

It wasn't when I was sneaking veggies into my daughter's dinner.

It wasn't when I made appointments to get my kids vaccinated.

It was yesterday, when I got out of the shower. I was wrapped in a Spiderman towel with a princess towel in my hair, since my towels were in the wash (See what I mean? Wouldn't a grown up have clean, adult towels?).

My older two burst into the bathroom, demanding that I referee the fight they were currently having. I think it was over what park they wanted to go to.

I told them, "Hey, guys, come on, Mommy doesn't want to deal with this right now."

And my four year old daughter glared at me and said, "You have too, Mommy, you are the grown up!!"

When did that happen?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday