I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, April 4, 2011

Alone Time

~

Last Tuesday, Girlie is at school. And Boyo, who normally gets me all too himself on Tuesdays and Thursdays, gets an extra surprise today - Daddy was home for Spring Break.

I've never seen my son this happy. He was giggling and playing, crawling all over me and Daddy. And it made me realize - that while we are so careful to give Girlie one on one time with us since she lost that when her brother was born, we overlooked Boyo. And he needs that alone time just as much as she does. Perhaps he needs it more, because he didn't have 18 months of just baby-parent time, as Girlie did.

Sure, we do date nights, where we will take each child out alone, but how often does each child get both parents all to him- or herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday