I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, July 19, 2013

Goofy Guy

I love all my kids -- no matter what.  Even when I'm ready to start screaming my head off because they left the fridge open AGAIN/hit their sibling AGAIN/left the water running in the sink AGAIN/spilled juice on my dinner AGAIN/knocked over wine at the grocery store AGAIN (and so on and so forth), I still love them.  And they know that (I hope).  

But other parents out there will understand that sometimes your kids do something that just makes your heart clutch -- a moment when a rush of love for your child dazzles you, where you want to laugh and cry and gasp, "I'm so happy you are mine!" all at the same time.  

For me, those moments with Boyo come when he comes in and says "I forgot my good night hug and kiss."  

Or when I hand him juice and I get an absent minded, "Thank you for my juice Mommy."  

Or when he can't decide what shoes to wear, so he wears one of each.  

Or when he puts his clothes on backward so "No one will see me coming."  

Or when he worries about rattlesnakes in the hotel.  Or bears on a camping trip -- in our living room.  

Or when ...

He wears his masks backwards so "I haf eyes in da back of my head."

He pretends to be a pirate.

He sets up his Lego guys so all the good guys are taking down the bad guys.  And makes the requisite "P-chew, p-chew" fighting sound.

His hair sticks out the back of his hat.

He falls asleep on my shoulder during story time.

He insists on a Star Wars pj shirt, Superman and Batman pj shorts, and Lightening McQueen underwear (not pictured) to sleep in so "All da good guys will keep me safe!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday