I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, December 14, 2012

The Story of Jesus' Birth

My older two had chapel today where Father read them the nativity story.  They recounted it for me on the way home:

Girlie: Mary and Joseph were married and going to have a baby named Jesus.  They decided to go on a vacation, but the hotels were all full because of the convention.

Boyo: So they had to sleep in a barn.  And it smelled like poop!  Isn't that silly?

Girlie: I'M TELLING THIS STORY!  So Baby Jesus came and He was God.  And the angels came and told the sheep that the baby was here.

Boyo: IT'S MY TURN TO TALK!  And there was a star.  And the smart men came from the star.

Girlie: Like aliens.

Boyo: BE QUIET! I'M TELLING IT! Um... I don't know.

Girlie: So they brought presents...

Boyo: But Baby Jesus didn't get a train.  Or a Darth Maul lightsaber.

Girlie: No, he got lotions.  Like for his butt rash.

Boyo: And the angels came back to the smart men.  And told them to go to tell a lie.  Lying is bad, right Mommy?

Girlie: No, no, no.  They HAD to lie.  So Baby Jesus wouldn't get hurt.  Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus went to 'Gypt.  I think to build a pyramid.

Boyo: And that is why Santa Claus comes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday