I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, December 21, 2012

Bedtime Adventures

6:45 pm - finish bath.  Put BabyGirlie down -- she's out.

7 pm -- I decide to let the older two watch Cinderella III.  I then spend the next half hour gently reminding them to sit still and watch their movie.

7:30 pm -- They are still sort of, kind of, maybe watching Cinderella III.  I begin threatening older two with an early bedtime if they don't sit still and watch their show.

7:45 - I yell that "they are on their last chance," and "I am at the end of my rope!" I believe I may have threatened no stories again.  EVER.

7:46 - I take Boyo's toy gun away.

7:46:23 seconds - Boyo begins throwing a temper tantrum

7:46:43 seconds - Girlie asks if she is the best one of all my children because she is the "goodest girl ever."

7:47: I turn off movie and order them to bed.  Whining, pleading, and begging begins.

8:01: Bladders drained, water cups on the dresser, and the older two are finally tucked into bed and ready to fall asleep.  I go downstairs to feed BabyBug.

8:03: The older two creep out of their room and try to sneak into my bed.  When I see them on the balcony and ask what they are doing, they tell me they had a nightmare.

I point out you have to fall asleep to have a nightmare.

Girlie tells me that they did.

I tell them that is impossible to fall asleep, have a nightmare, and wake up in two minutes.

Girlie tells me that they were able to do so because "They are awesome."

My husband takes them back to bed.

8:05: Boyo comes running out of his room, screaming, "I listened to my body!"

I hear him run into the bathroom and start to pee.

I also hear BabyBug crying because he has woken her up.

8:17: Boyo asks me to come upstairs and snuggle him because he is afraid of the skunk that will climb in through the closed, second story window.  

At least they are getting creative.

8:23: The older two come downstairs, telling me that they are going to throw up.

I inform them that if they are going to throw up, they need medicine.

No, they tell me.  Just water.  Water will push the throw up down into their belly button, apparently.

Girlie takes a drink, says, "AHHHHHHH," and hands the cup to her brother.  He does the same.  They are both miraculously cured. 

I tell them that they are so full of it, it is starting to smell in the kitchen.

Boyo asks me, "Full of what?  Juice?"  Girlie begins sniffing the air to see what it smells like.

I burst out laughing.  Through my hysterical laughter and tears, I order them back to bed.  I inform them that if they don't stay put, I will cancel Christmas.

I think they realize that I mean it.  They don't get out of bed again.

8:31: The begin yelling for their Daddy to come give them kisses because they "love him so so much!"

BabyBug starts crying again.

I put my headphones in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday