I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, November 9, 2012

How Do You Explain The Trinity to a 5 Year Old?!?

I was explaining Thanksgiving to Girlie the other day.  I told her that the Pilgrims came over from England because they were a different religion than the English king. 

She promptly asked if our religion was pilgrim.

I told her no, we are Catholic. 

She asked what Catholic was. 

I thought about it for a minute and then told her that Catholics believe God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all one person.

She then asked if she was 3 people. 

I laughed and said, "No, honey, there is only 1 of you, thank goodness."

To which she promptly replied, "But when I look in the mirror, I have a reflection.  So there are two of me.  I just need one more and I can be God!"

Oh, boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday