I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Lonely Goatherd

Girlie was in her very first dance recital Saturday. 

The entire show was pretty cute, but tears were streaming down my face while she was performing. 

Why?  

Because it hit me like a ton of bricks that she is not a baby anymore.  She's not even a toddler.  Or a preschooler.  Or a kindergartner.  She's a kid... one who doesn't need her Mommy for every little thing. 

It was a bunch of little things, all rolled into one.  

It was because of this.... 
Her hair is long enough for a pony tail now.  And she could fix her own shoe "mishaps" without my help.
And this....
She was wearing make up.  And went back stage by herself with a smile and a "Love you Mom."  When the hell did I stop being Mommy?
And this...
And she was awesome... didn't freeze up.  Didn't cry.  Smiled the whole time. Nailed the routine.
And this...
She amazes me every day with what she is capable of.

She's getting too big for me to hold her in my arms :( 
When did she get so capable and independent?  Yes, I know, that is the goal of parenthood, right?

Well, I'm not ready.

Shouldn't I get a warning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday