I thought I was raising children...

I thought I was raising children...

Friday, February 10, 2012

Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody Clean Up!

~
I've finally had it with the whining everytime I go to the store, the "I waaaaaaaant that!" What is even worse is when there is no whining and it is just a demand, "You will buy me that!"

Wanna bet?

So my husband and I decided that if they could go to preschool and clean up there for stickers, they could do it at home too. We created a chore chart.




Some chores are non-negotiable -- if you don't want Momma or Daddy to yell at you, you WILL do them. Such as clean your room. Do your homework (in PRESCHOOL, for the love of God!). Brush your teeth.

But other things will earn you a star. Things like feeding the dog, cleaning out the car, helping your brother/sister pick up toys, setting the table, clearing the table. And each star is worth a quarter.

At the end of the month, we add up the stars and dole out the money. Half of what they earn has to go in the piggy bank and the other half can be spent. Or they can save it all for a really big toy.
Girlie had been lobbying for a Polly Pocket, so she was all over this allowance thing. The kid earned $5 in a week!! She set the table for snack, for goodness' sake!

So she was very excited to go shopping with Momma.

(Excited to spend her allowance)


(Browsing possible purchases)

(Finally found what she wanted!)

Boyo, on the other hand, was a little mad that he couldn't get his "pennies" to come out of his piggie bank fast enough.


He's saving up for a new piggie bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Girlie's Birthday

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Boyo's Birthday

Boyo's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyGirlie's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday

BabyBug's Birthday